Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Growing closer in God's word

Living the Christian life is not about me fitting God into my plans, but making sure th...at I am living according to His plans and making any adjustments He sees fit when He requires that I do.

How often I have failed at this standard. But it is what I desire and pursue each day. To achieve it, I must die to my selfish desires to make myself and my wants the center of the universe. I must put God and His Kingdom first ahead of my needs.

When God commands that I make an adjustment to my plan, will I do it even if it doesn't make sense or even if there doesn't seem to be enough time to make the change? Hmmm.

A humble heart quickly trusts, obeys, and adjusts.


Scriptures:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean to your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your paths."---Proverbs 3:5-6

"A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps."---Proverbs 16:9

"And He was saying to them all, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.' "---Luke 9:23

"For the flesh sets its desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh, for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you wish."---Galatians 5:17

"For as many as are led of the Spirit of God, these are sons of God."--Romans 8:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to share them.