Thursday, February 10, 2011

Opening the Door to Favor

In our Christian walks many of us may have heard the term, GOD FAVOR is on this person or that person... 
But what the heck does FAVOR really mean, and how can one "OPEN" that door.
I suppose as a Christian I think , what kind of favor.  What kind is there??... Perhaps Kingdom Favor.   The need to have the touch of God on our lives so strong that the effect of that transforms the people around us. 
This blog is based on my thoughts and some notes from a sermon I heard Pastor Ron, teach at Harvest Church in Turlock.  Hopefully, it will get you to think about God's favor in your life.

So, in thinking of what favor is, I actually looked up in the dictionary, this is what it said: "
something done or granted out of goodwill, rather than from justice or for remuneration; a kind act" or "a gift bestowed as a token of goodwill, kind regard, love, excessive kindness, the state of being approved or held in regard"  That's a pretty good description! ... so how does this favor relate to a Christian.  That would be seeking Gods favor on our lives. 

Gods favor comes on our lives when God's grace is on our lives... Grace, another deep word (look it up ;).  
Naturally as people, we limit God, we limit His grace and place a cap on it.  When we have God, His grace and love we are empowered. 
 
           1 Corinthians 12  - Fruit of the spirit
Grace comes to empower u encourage,  edifying and deliver people How do we get favor?
In Mark chpt 4, it mentions that revelation releases reality in our lives.  In Luke it asks us who is Jesus to us?

For Peter the apostle, his revelation is that Jesus is the Messiah and Jesus built HIS church on that rock.
                         So what is our Revelation? 

... here is some insight to build on that question.  In Mark chpt 4, it talks about the parable of the sower.  If we catch the principle of this parable it unlocks mysteries.  The chapter goes on talking about the soil. 
"(You have to)  Accept it, receive or welcome it (the word) and they (you) will bear 30/60/100 fold... No other soil conditions bore fruit"  

We need to hold on to our seed by reading the word, remaining in prayer and coming to church.   If we DO NOT get that revelation, we will not bare the fruit mentioned.   If you get your revelation and it does not make you more like Christ, it will make you religious. 

In my next blog, I will continue talking about this.  It is a process to know, accept and let God work.. the favor and the grace, the seed and fruit... THE REVELATION. 

For myself, its a constant struggle.  I feel like I lack the revelation but I am always planting and attempting to grow a fruitful tree.  Well, now that I write this I realize that I have only had small mini trees.  My immediate revelation is God time... more time in the word and meditation with Him, so He can reveal my revelation or as some may rephrase it MY PURPOSE in life.  
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to share them.