Thursday, September 26, 2013

Corner Stone?

I am sitting at work, listening to worship music. OKAY let me be honest singing along and then finding it hard to concentrate because I get a point where that is ALL I want to do and worship God.  Instead, I thought I would take a quick 10 min break and reflect.  

Going through trails seems like a part of everyone's life.  My life has had it's share of NOT so great events.  I am in my mid 30's, recently married YET we are constantly be tested.  I know that is to make us strong and maybe creates opportunities to share our stories with others.  None the less, we get so wrapped up in "OUR" lives and routines we forget who the CORNERSTONE stone of our lives are.  I am sure this the story more majority of us.

As I sit here writing, I keep replaying Chris alone, cornerstone.  Christ alone, cornerstone.  ... the song is amazing.  I encourage you to read the lyrics and make that a prayer for your lives, as I do.  It is so important to be grounded on a solid foundation.



My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus name

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus name

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Saviour's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all

When Darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil
My anchor holds within the veil

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Saviour's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all
He is Lord
Lord of all

Christ alone
Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Saviour's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Saviour's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless stand before the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to share them.